It's cold!!!!!
Hooray for coldness! I love October so very much and I am saddened by the near approach of November. However there are great things at the end of October this year: 1. My birthday of course :-D The plan right now is to go shopping and to see a movie in Huntsville -I'm so super excited! and 2. Our trip to NEW YORK CITY!!!!! Can't wait for that! and 3. Halloween- which really means CANDY! haha...yes... For my kids I'm going to do "Reformation Day," instead of Halloween. But always with the candy :-D (I'm starting to sound like my brother-in-law)
I took a walk with Matthew and Jenny Beth on Sunday night to embrace the fact that I had to wear a jacket. It was a wonderful- head-clearing experience. It was very cold, but we ran to get warm, then we started jumping over the enormous dirt pile in our driveway and we got TOO warm, so the coffee we had prepared was a little disapointing.
Today, we skipped school, or at least the stuff we dont HAVE to get done and got to work on projects around the house. When Daniel left, Dad cut one set of bunk beds in half so that there are now two twin bed frames. We sanded those down and I've gotten to put two coats of primer on them, so they are pretty darn white now. BUT they still need another coat! So hopefully I'll finish that up tomorrow. Mom also bought about 150 panies to be planted in the front yard under the tree. Putting them in today was COLD! I like cold and everything, but not when I have to be outside and digging the dirt. But to counteract my bad attitude against THAT coldness, I drove to writing class with the windows down. My hands ended up being pretty frozen, but it was fun.
Welp, happy October 24th to everyone. Enjoy it while you can!
I took a walk with Matthew and Jenny Beth on Sunday night to embrace the fact that I had to wear a jacket. It was a wonderful- head-clearing experience. It was very cold, but we ran to get warm, then we started jumping over the enormous dirt pile in our driveway and we got TOO warm, so the coffee we had prepared was a little disapointing.
Today, we skipped school, or at least the stuff we dont HAVE to get done and got to work on projects around the house. When Daniel left, Dad cut one set of bunk beds in half so that there are now two twin bed frames. We sanded those down and I've gotten to put two coats of primer on them, so they are pretty darn white now. BUT they still need another coat! So hopefully I'll finish that up tomorrow. Mom also bought about 150 panies to be planted in the front yard under the tree. Putting them in today was COLD! I like cold and everything, but not when I have to be outside and digging the dirt. But to counteract my bad attitude against THAT coldness, I drove to writing class with the windows down. My hands ended up being pretty frozen, but it was fun.
Welp, happy October 24th to everyone. Enjoy it while you can!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home