"Goodbye, yellow brick road." -EJ
I don't know why I was thinking of that song yesterday. Maybe it has just the right amount of sadness for a Sunday evening, when the entire weekend has gone and an entire week of school looms ahead. Where exactly does the weekend go? Why do I still have piles of stuff to be done when I haven't done school for two days?
Oh well, such is life. Last week was good though. Madeline Kay McMahan arrived at 7.3 pounds. I think it would be an understatment to say she was cute, adorable, or soo teeny tiny. She is all that, but so entirely more precious than the overuse of those words imply. Her sisters are so entirely precious too and I got to spend Wednesday night and Thursday morning with them. I'm going to miss them so much when I go off to college!!!!!!!!
Our house in Decatur still hasn't closed yet, but as soon as it does, we're trading in our minnie van for a new one. Its gonna be pretty cool, and hopefully its the last major buy before another (my!) car. Life just keeps going on. Dad is now driving to work, but still can't drive in the dark. He's going to Birmingham for an eye doctor appointment (I'll get to look at UAB) sometime in November to see if they have to do surgery or not. But he's almost fully recovered, so I don't think he'll need it. I think life is JUST getting back to normal after his fall in Korea. Seems like such a long time ago!
Sarah surprised me last night by telling me she bought a purse. I'm not even going to recongize her next time I see her :-)
Oh well, such is life. Last week was good though. Madeline Kay McMahan arrived at 7.3 pounds. I think it would be an understatment to say she was cute, adorable, or soo teeny tiny. She is all that, but so entirely more precious than the overuse of those words imply. Her sisters are so entirely precious too and I got to spend Wednesday night and Thursday morning with them. I'm going to miss them so much when I go off to college!!!!!!!!
Our house in Decatur still hasn't closed yet, but as soon as it does, we're trading in our minnie van for a new one. Its gonna be pretty cool, and hopefully its the last major buy before another (my!) car. Life just keeps going on. Dad is now driving to work, but still can't drive in the dark. He's going to Birmingham for an eye doctor appointment (I'll get to look at UAB) sometime in November to see if they have to do surgery or not. But he's almost fully recovered, so I don't think he'll need it. I think life is JUST getting back to normal after his fall in Korea. Seems like such a long time ago!
Sarah surprised me last night by telling me she bought a purse. I'm not even going to recongize her next time I see her :-)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home